What are the guidelines for cloud document management?
For many decision makers in an organisation moving to cloud based systems is a question of when rather than if. There are, however, several factors to consider when selecting services and suppliers of cloud based document management systems and these can seriously affect the whole experience.
- Only use business grade tailored applications.
- Choose paid for versions rather than free subscriptions. Paid subscription services will have more robust security and management features.
- Ensure that the system is flexible enough to accommodate remote access across the organisation such as field based staff, mobile workers and subsidiaries.
- Consider the combination of using data capture and outsourced scanning services to upload data to the cloud system. This will give further efficiencies and optimise the benefits.
- Involve other departments which may also wish to store documents electronically in the cloud based document management system. Shared costs could make a difference.
- Take advantage of any training and advice given by your chosen supplier.
These are just a few guidelines which should help ensure that the right decisions are made – for further information on selecting a cloud based document management system please click here or call Cloud B2B solutions on 0800 840 3336.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to receive all of our latest updates.